Make a Query
Can I register to "section 2" in SPRING semester? (for ODTÜ only)
No. Section 2 in SPRING semester is for 2nd year ESE students and it is a must course for them. Schedule and room is arranged according to ESE students (no extra seat exists in the room). Therefore do NOT attempt to "register section 1 and follow in section 2".
What do I do if ONE lecture hour conflicts with my schedule?
University regulation tells that you have to attend all the lecture hours. However, naturally, you might have conflicting lectures. The rules to follow are simple: Each week, you have to attend at least two of three lecture hours of the course during the semester (66.66 % of course load).
So, if you regularly will not attend to ONE LECTURE HOUR then please fill out the query form with the following information:
Student Info : Name Surname, ID
Lecture Hour-1: OK -or- reason / course code
Lecture Hour-2: OK -or- reason / course code
Lecture Hour-3: OK -or- reason / course code
Explanation : details
What do I do if TWO or MORE lecture hours conflicts with my schedule?
The course load is 3 lecture hours. If you DON'T attend 2/3 or 3/3 hours you will not be able to get a good grade at the end (statistically this is valid for at least 20 years). Therefore, please DROP the course.
However, if you think that you have a special reason then use the template in previous FAQ and describe your condition accordingly.
Is there a mandatory limitation for attendance?
University regulation is simple: Attend all lectures. However, we are all humans. My intention is also simple: As you attend the lectures you will catch up and follow the content, therefore you will be aware of universe (that is the whole reason why you are here).
Thus, 14 weeks x 3 hours equals to 10 points ... period:
- You collect 10 points by attending; I will be attending all.
- You create your own limit; I won't.
In clear Turkish: "yoklamayı öğrenci izler ve 10 puanı toplar; hocanın bu puanda katkısı ya da sınırlaması yoktur".
How can I get a make-up exam?
Naturally, I expect all students to attend announced exam dates. If you cannot then you might take make-up exams.
- All make-up exams will be given after the Final exam, possibly on the Final exam date but at a later time.
- Content of make-up exams are exactly the same as their equivalent exams.
- You can take the make-up exam only if:
- You have an excuse (sickness report, death of a relative, official activity you have to attend) letter/report which has to be uploaded using the query form.
- Your other exam date conflicts with the announced dates which has to be confirmed by the other course's instructor (see next question).
How do I confirm my absence if I sit in other course's exam?
- Sit for other course's exam.
- After the exam date, bring me a letter (e-mail from institutional address is OK too) from other course's instructor with the following content:
Dear Sinan Kaan Yerli,
My student (NAME SURNAME, STUDENT ID) entered [MT1|MT2|FIN] exam of COURSE ID (COURSE NAME) on DD.MMM.YYYY at HH:MM.
INSTR. NAME SURNAME
- Then, upload the letter to the query form accordingly.
How do get a letter if I sit in YOUR exam?
- Sit for my exam.
- After the exam date, I will prepare a letter for the instructor of the other course with the same content shown in previous answer. I could also send an e-mail from my institutional address if it is OK for your instructor.
What do I do if both MT1 <and> MT2 conflict with other exams?
Think about it. You won't be seing your performance until the end of 14 weeks (make-ups are given after the Final Exam). This is definitely a bad practice.
I strongly advice you DROP/WITHDRAW the course at the moment you fix your exam schedule.
Can I get a make-up exam for the FINAL?
Yes. The same procedure is applied as with the other make-up exams. Follow above instructions.
In which language(s) should we write the essays?
First of all, the key in essays is NOT the format or language, it is the content which has to be written by you only! Therefore your copy-paste will be noticed immediately whatever the language it is written.
Therefore you can write in any language that I could read.
What do I do if I miss the deadline to upload?
You are given plenty of time to work, edit and upload your essays. If you miss it, you loose the point.
However, if you miss it by minutes you can upload it using the query form within +15 minutes of the due time.